AP Language
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AP Language and Composition Exam

+18
Stephvil
Haleywebb
Marina Shehata
abbgately
RyanHarring
CorinneBarnes
Jaclyn Izzo
AviHershkowitz
Connor Leardini
Richard yacobellis
Scott Davis
Jenna Strobel
Carol Fontaine
WillMeisner
melissa glynn
Swayze Page
Amanda Brandi
Admin
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam - Page 2 Empty Re: AP Language and Composition Exam

Post  RyanHarring Wed May 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Going in, the multiple choice was much easier than I thought it was going to be, as I'm sure many people have said. Coming out after the essay portion, I felt I did okay, but at the same time, I wasn't so sure of how I did on the analysis prompt, and while part of it I chalk up to the prompt itself, I feel I could have looked over my previous prompts and done better by reminding myself how to do the essay. While we did write all year, I think things would have gone a little better had we done one more back to back timed write the week before the test to get our writing chops back up so to speak. I'm probably a minority in that thought though.

RyanHarring

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam - Page 2 Empty Reply to Mrs. Foltz

Post  abbgately Wed May 11, 2011 10:56 pm

The test went really well. I felt prepared going into the test and confident after the test. All of the components to me were doable and at times easy. I felt that we were over prepared for the multiple choice. I could easily prepare all three essays without any problems and I really liked two of the three prompts. After taking the test, I would hope for a 4 or 5! The test was an overall success and I felt as if we were beyond prepared for it.

abbgately

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam - Page 2 Empty AP Language and Composition Exam

Post  Marina Shehata Wed May 11, 2011 11:48 pm

Dear Mrs. Foltz,
To be honest, I expected the test to be a little harder. I feel confident that I did well considering the amount of practice that we did in class. I actually had time to write 3 complete essays instead of rushing through them. I felt a bit rushed during the multiple choice section, but I believe I did well. Thank you so much for preparing me for this exam! Smile

Marina Shehata

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam - Page 2 Empty Ap test!

Post  Haleywebb Thu May 12, 2011 12:59 am

Mrs. Foltz,

Wow! The mc test was much easier than expected! The first passages jut flew by me! The last two were a bit more difficult but nothing I couldn't handle. My essays were my strong point o feel though! My synthesis was alright, but my analysis and argumentative rocked. I appreciate how much you made us write all year. Doing those three essyas back to back was nothing I couldn't handle. It was just another day in class doing essays. Thank you so much! I know I passed thanks to you.

Haleywebb

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam - Page 2 Empty Ap test!

Post  Stephvil Thu May 12, 2011 1:05 am

Dear mrs. Foltz,

Thank you for everything you taught me this year. The way you pounded the writing into us and made us write every week really helped prepare me for this test. As well as the explanations on mc answers. I felt like I did amazing on the mc. Thank you mrs. Foltz, I am 100% sure I passed this exam with flying colors.

-Stephane Villatoro

Stephvil

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam - Page 2 Empty Exam Response

Post  Daniel Spinazzola Thu May 12, 2011 1:16 am

Mrs Foltz,
I thought the AP exam was somewhat easy. i felt very comfortable with the multiple-choice (suprisingly), and I feel like I did my best on the essays. I worked right to the end time on both so I don't think I could have done any better. I am more than confident/positive that I at least past with a three. I never would have thought I would have this positivity about and AP EXAM, and I feel a great sense of self-accomplishment. I appreciate your teachings, DANIELSON!

Daniel Spinazzola

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam - Page 2 Empty AP Exam

Post  joeg3193 Thu May 12, 2011 8:06 am

Mrs. Foltz, I felt the test went extremely well. Because of all the hard work you have put us through this past year, you have really prepared us for this test. Thnk you so much for helping us through this past year and making it possible to succeed on this test. I thought that the multiple choice was not bad, and that the essays were actually easy because the prompts were decent, and they were easy because you taught us so much abou writing, and it shows in all of our essays!

joeg3193

Back to top Go down

Post  Shannon Christensen Thu May 12, 2011 9:06 pm

I think I felt prepared for the majority of the test. Overall I think I did really well on the multiple choice and on two essays. I budgeted my time for the essays and I was glad I did because I had ten minutes to reread them and make corrections. I learned so much during this class! Thank you for pushing us to be better writers, because it truly made a difference.

Shannon Christensen

Back to top Go down

Post  Greer Thu May 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Mrs. Foltz,
I was so happy about that exam, especially the multiple choice section. I'm not sure what it is about A.P classes because it was the same for APUSH, but I really feel like the practice tests are 10 times harder than the actual thing. So, I was pleasantly surprised.
I sort of wish, though, that I could go back and re-write my synthesis essay. I think while I was writing it I was psyching myself out a little bit, and I think the content and organization suffered; I just had a hard time generating ideas. But other than that, the essays were awesome. I was really pleased with the topics... there was nothing like that one flamingo excerpt in there, which I was relieved about.
Thank you so much for all you did to prepare us for this test. I know how much time and effort you put into it. I really appreciate everything and I know it paid off. You're an awesome teacher, and I'm so grateful for all the encouragement and support you gave me throughout the year.

Greer

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam - Page 2 Empty Re: AP Language and Composition Exam

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum