AP Language
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AP Language and Composition Exam

+18
Stephvil
Haleywebb
Marina Shehata
abbgately
RyanHarring
CorinneBarnes
Jaclyn Izzo
AviHershkowitz
Connor Leardini
Richard yacobellis
Scott Davis
Jenna Strobel
Carol Fontaine
WillMeisner
melissa glynn
Swayze Page
Amanda Brandi
Admin
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam Empty AP Language and Composition Exam

Post  Admin Tue May 10, 2011 11:55 am

Congratulations! You've worked so hard this past year preparing for this day, and you just ROCKED IT!Very Happy

Now that I've told you how I thought you all did on this test, it's your turn to tell me what you thought.
REMEMBER: just tell me if you felt prepared and how you think you did on the AP exam.

Admin
Admin

https://aplanguage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam Empty Reply to Mrs Foltz

Post  Amanda Brandi Wed May 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Despite the fact that I felt like I could have studied and prepared more for the test, I feel confident. Mrs. Foltz, your class really prepared me and I thank you for all your dedication. I hope I did pass but, not to be cocky or anything, there is not much doubt in my mind.

Amanda Brandi

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam Empty Re: AP Language and Composition Exam

Post  Admin Wed May 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Amanda Brandi wrote:Despite the fact that I felt like I could have studied and prepared more for the test, I feel confident. Mrs. Foltz, your class really prepared me and I thank you for all your dedication. I hope I did pass but, not to be cocky or anything, there is not much doubt in my mind.
Amanda thanks for posting. I'm happy to hear you felt prepared and there is no doubt you all were successful today Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam Empty Reply to Ms.Foltz

Post  Swayze Page Wed May 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Ms.Foltz,
I wanna thank you so much for everything you did this year to prepare me as well as the rest of my class for the A.P. exam. I wrote 4 pages for each of the prompts and felt like my essays were extremely strong. I felt as though I wrote my best essays yet. The multiple choice was a little challenging I was usually able to narrow it down to two answers. Depending on how well I did on the multiple choice I truly believe that I got a 4 or 5 and without a doubt passed the test. When I walked out of the room I felt so good about myself and my improvement in English. Not only did your instruction prepare me and helped my pass the exam it will prepare me for A.P. Literature next year. I appreciate all that you did for us this year. I remember the KFC chicken activity where we had a debate which chicken was better: grilled or fried. That was a really cool and fun activity and helped me improve my writing. I look forward to finishing the year strong and especially for the photo essay (I am actually excited about that. It seems fun.). Overall, thanks for all the cool activities and for putting up with me this year, it really helped me pass the exam today. Since you are proctoring tomorrow see you friday and again thanks again!
-Swayze

Swayze Page

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Swayze Page wrote:Ms.Foltz,
I wanna thank you so much for everything you did this year to prepare me as well as the rest of my class for the A.P. exam. I wrote 4 pages for each of the prompts and felt like my essays were extremely strong. I felt as though I wrote my best essays yet. The multiple choice was a little challenging I was usually able to narrow it down to two answers. Depending on how well I did on the multiple choice I truly believe that I got a 4 or 5 and without a doubt passed the test. When I walked out of the room I felt so good about myself and my improvement in English. Not only did your instruction prepare me and helped my pass the exam it will prepare me for A.P. Literature next year. I appreciate all that you did for us this year. I remember the KFC chicken activity where we had a debate which chicken was better: grilled or fried. That was a really cool and fun activity and helped me improve my writing. I look forward to finishing the year strong and especially for the photo essay (I am actually excited about that. It seems fun.). Overall, thanks for all the cool activities and for putting up with me this year, it really helped me pass the exam today. Since you are proctoring tomorrow see you friday and again thanks again!
-Swayze
Thanks Swayze. Your honest feedback really helps, especially knowing what worked so I can use it again next year. Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam Empty Reply to Mrs. Foltz question

Post  melissa glynn Wed May 11, 2011 4:55 pm

I felt really prepared for this test due to the fact that we practiced sooo much this year on it. I feel like I did really well and passed it. Thank you Mrs. Foltz for preparing me and all of the other kids for this test and making us work extra hard. Smile

melissa glynn

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam Empty Reply to Mrs. Foltz- Will Meisner

Post  WillMeisner Wed May 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi Mrs. Foltz-
I felt that I did really well on the AP exam. For some reason, I felt that the multiple choice was the easiest that I got out of the year. It's hard to explain. I know I was really prepared to take the test, as we did so much practice on the multiple choice. Also, it was the most important test of the year, so I tried my absolute hardest. I went down to the wire in time, but in the end I got it finished. In regards to the essays, I felt that I did a really good job on them. Obviously I was very prepared for them, as you taught us well how to write; not just for the AP exam, but for all writing in general. It's amazing how much of a better writer I feel I am. I use the skills you taught me in all of my classes, and it really works out great.

Thank you for your dedication,
William Meisner

WillMeisner

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11, 2011 7:03 pm

melissa glynn wrote:I felt really prepared for this test due to the fact that we practiced sooo much this year on it. I feel like I did really well and passed it. Thank you Mrs. Foltz for preparing me and all of the other kids for this test and making us work extra hard. Smile
Yea Melissa! This is HUGE since you've been worried all year. I'm so happy you feel you were up for the task. I told you all this morning you were Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11, 2011 7:04 pm

WillMeisner wrote:Hi Mrs. Foltz-
I felt that I did really well on the AP exam. For some reason, I felt that the multiple choice was the easiest that I got out of the year. It's hard to explain. I know I was really prepared to take the test, as we did so much practice on the multiple choice. Also, it was the most important test of the year, so I tried my absolute hardest. I went down to the wire in time, but in the end I got it finished. In regards to the essays, I felt that I did a really good job on them. Obviously I was very prepared for them, as you taught us well how to write; not just for the AP exam, but for all writing in general. It's amazing how much of a better writer I feel I am. I use the skills you taught me in all of my classes, and it really works out great.

Thank you for your dedication,
William Meisner
Will I've heard this from students in the past. Maybe the prep mc are harder? That would be a nice perk wouldn't it? I'm so happy all your hard work has paid off in preparing you for the exam. Thanks for all your nice remarks. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam Empty Reply to Mrs. Foltz

Post  Carol Fontaine Wed May 11, 2011 7:58 pm

I felt really great about the test! I hit my usual 3rd passage slump on the multiple choice but I had extra time at the end and was able to go back and rule out a few more answers. The essays were pretty easy compared to the ones we've gotten in class (like the flamingo one!). I'm glad we did so many essays in class this year. At the time, I hated writing so many essays each week, but it definitely helped me fly through the ones today. I wrote 11 pages total instead of my usual 7. So based on length, not gonna lie, my support was fantastic! All year I had a hard time getting a good score on the argument essay but I remembered what you said in the one-on-one time last week about pulling support from anywhere and somehow I ended up with more points than I had time to write! For times sake I only put 4 in but thats alot more than the wimpy 2 i typically write. I'm pretty sure I got at least a 4 Very Happy.

Carol Fontaine

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam Empty Response to the Exam

Post  Jenna Strobel Wed May 11, 2011 7:59 pm

I am not going to lie, I thought the test was hard at times but I did feel I was very prepared. Practicing the essays so many times made me feel much more confident about what I wrote today and the way in which I wrote it. I tried to use all the little tips you gave us (especially annotating) and they definitley helped me stay on track with the essays as well as the multiple choice. You are a great teacher and I am confident that I passed. Smile

Jenna Strobel

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Davis Wed May 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Dear Mrs. Foltz,
I went into the testing room feeling confident and knowing I could pull off a high score. I walked out of the testing room feeling the exact same way.

P.S.
If I do not get at least a 4 I will have raging fury.

Scott Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard yacobellis Wed May 11, 2011 9:07 pm

I'm not known for being sentimenal about these things, but I think it is warranted under the circumstances. Before I entered this class, I had no clear grasp on what annotating or prose analysis really meant. In fact, I failed to even do the essays from the diagnostic test because I did not know where to begin. I was stuck on a level where even the FCAT writing section gave me trouble, which left me in an agitated position.

Going into the exam, I was thinking, "This is the hour of my discontent." After struggling with my class grade all year, I had barely any confidence in my ability to pass it. Then, during both the multiple-choice and the essay sections, I was startled to find how much easier it was compared to our practices. I guess the numerous timed writes and tests advanced me even further than I realized. So, in spite of my dislike for the subject of english, I thank you for ignoring all of our bickering and doing what you knew would help us prepare for this moment.

Richard yacobellis

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam Empty Reply

Post  Connor Leardini Wed May 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Dear Mrs. Foltz,
I came into the test with the feeling of assurance that I would pass. Your critical analysis of our essays over the year gave me the confidence that my essays that I could write as of now would far surpass the grader's expectations. Not only that, but the multiple choice has become something I had a decent handle of comprehension on, so I was not worried for doing decent on that subject. Overall, I feel very confident in a decently high score for the AP Exam.

Connor Leardini

Back to top Go down

AP Language and Composition Exam Empty ap test

Post  AviHershkowitz Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 pm

I felt very confident walking into the testing room and now I feel as if I have not recieved a score less than a 3 (probably 4). The multiple choice was easier than normal so I decided to slow down to think about the questions and I think I did a good job. The only essay I thought was difficult was the argument but that was probably due to the fact that I spent alot of time beasting up the synthesis, being that I spent all of the time necessary to write good essays. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING MRS. FOLTZ!

AviHershkowitz

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Carol Fontaine wrote:I felt really great about the test! I hit my usual 3rd passage slump on the multiple choice but I had extra time at the end and was able to go back and rule out a few more answers. The essays were pretty easy compared to the ones we've gotten in class (like the flamingo one!). I'm glad we did so many essays in class this year. At the time, I hated writing so many essays each week, but it definitely helped me fly through the ones today. I wrote 11 pages total instead of my usual 7. So based on length, not gonna lie, my support was fantastic! All year I had a hard time getting a good score on the argument essay but I remembered what you said in the one-on-one time last week about pulling support from anywhere and somehow I ended up with more points than I had time to write! For times sake I only put 4 in but thats alot more than the wimpy 2 i typically write. I'm pretty sure I got at least a 4 Very Happy.
Carol I'm thrilled at the length of your essays! I'm so happy you supported your writing more than the norm Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Jenna Strobel wrote: I am not going to lie, I thought the test was hard at times but I did feel I was very prepared. Practicing the essays so many times made me feel much more confident about what I wrote today and the way in which I wrote it. I tried to use all the little tips you gave us (especially annotating) and they definitley helped me stay on track with the essays as well as the multiple choice. You are a great teacher and I am confident that I passed. Smile
Jenna thanks for the kind words Very Happy I'm glad the tips given throughout the year were helpful at test time.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Scott Davis wrote:Dear Mrs. Foltz,
I went into the testing room feeling confident and knowing I could pull off a high score. I walked out of the testing room feeling the exact same way.

P.S.
If I do not get at least a 4 I will have raging fury.

Scott you're too funny! I never doubted your passing the exam, it's how high we could get you to score that was the question. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Richard yacobellis wrote:I'm not known for being sentimenal about these things, but I think it is warranted under the circumstances. Before I entered this class, I had no clear grasp on what annotating or prose analysis really meant. In fact, I failed to even do the essays from the diagnostic test because I did not know where to begin. I was stuck on a level where even the FCAT writing section gave me trouble, which left me in an agitated position.

Going into the exam, I was thinking, "This is the hour of my discontent." After struggling with my class grade all year, I had barely any confidence in my ability to pass it. Then, during both the multiple-choice and the essay sections, I was startled to find how much easier it was compared to our practices. I guess the numerous timed writes and tests advanced me even further than I realized. So, in spite of my dislike for the subject of english, I thank you for ignoring all of our bickering and doing what you knew would help us prepare for this moment.
Richard I knew you had the writing ability; I just had to convince you of that. Thank-you for all the wonderful comments-it really makes my belief in the importance of interaction with my students that much stronger. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11, 2011 9:47 pm

Connor Leardini wrote:Dear Mrs. Foltz,
I came into the test with the feeling of assurance that I would pass. Your critical analysis of our essays over the year gave me the confidence that my essays that I could write as of now would far surpass the grader's expectations. Not only that, but the multiple choice has become something I had a decent handle of comprehension on, so I was not worried for doing decent on that subject. Overall, I feel very confident in a decently high score for the AP Exam.
Semester 2 you were much more focused than in the beginning of the year and that is when I saw the improvement in your writing. Great focus-(love your mom!). WTG Connor, I'm so proud of you Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaclyn Izzo Wed May 11, 2011 10:05 pm

Dear Mrs. Foltz,
I would like to thank you for all your dedication to your AP classes. Every assingment really had meaning in order to prepare us for the test. The multiple chioce was the most difficult for me. I liked the synthesis and anaylsis essays the best. Overall I thought the test was a challenge, but I felt I was prepared for every piece. I have learned so much more about writing due to this class. Thank you again for everything, you have changed my thoughts on english and writing Smile

Jaclyn Izzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11, 2011 10:07 pm

AviHershkowitz wrote:I felt very confident walking into the testing room and now I feel as if I have not recieved a score less than a 3 (probably 4). The multiple choice was easier than normal so I decided to slow down to think about the questions and I think I did a good job. The only essay I thought was difficult was the argument but that was probably due to the fact that I spent alot of time beasting up the synthesis, being that I spent all of the time necessary to write good essays. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING MRS. FOLTZ!
Avi you have come such a Long way since the beginning of the class. I can't tell you how happy you made me the latter part of the year when I could tell it was all clicking for you by your responses/questions in class. Bravo for sure! Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Jaclyn Izzo wrote:Dear Mrs. Foltz,
I would like to thank you for all your dedication to your AP classes. Every assingment really had meaning in order to prepare us for the test. The multiple chioce was the most difficult for me. I liked the synthesis and anaylsis essays the best. Overall I thought the test was a challenge, but I felt I was prepared for every piece. I have learned so much more about writing due to this class. Thank you again for everything, you have changed my thoughts on english and writing Smile
Jaclyn when we spoke one on one I could tell you were really listening to me which I think tranferred to your writing today. Great job this year, you've really worked hard Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CorinneBarnes Wed May 11, 2011 10:29 pm

To be honest, out of my three AP classes, I was most worried about whether or not I would pass this test. I was somewhat confident with my writing skills at the beginning of the year, but I was afraid I would run out of time. I remember how I left the conclusions out of almost all of my timed essays during first semester, and even during some of third quarter, simply because I ran out of time. After taking the AP practice exam, I realized just how quickly I could write the three essays, and taking the real exam reminded me of that fact. I feel that I still could have prepared more for the multiple choice portion, considering that I did not give myself enough time to check over my answers, but I am pretty confident that I passed. Even if I didn't pass, I still have learned how to write in essay in a short period of time. Thank you for everything.

CorinneBarnes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Corrine I'm sure you did just fine Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content