AP Language
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question #7

2 posters

Go down

Question #7 Empty Question #7

Post  tia94 Thu May 05, 2011 9:23 am

To me, this book has no structure whatsoever, however, I believe that is the way the author wants the book to be. At first the lack of it confused me because I had a difficult time guessing what time period the book is in, sometimes it seems like he is talking about the war, and then at times it seems like he was talking about his past. As I read on I finally get the hang of it and I see that not only the content of it but the way he organized his writing make his story a lot more interesting to read, whether or not you have an interest in the Vietnam war or not. A sense of the author's personal emotions can be feel by the readers because of the disorganization of the piece.

tia94

Back to top Go down

Question #7 Empty Re: Question #7

Post  Admin Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 am

Tia I agree that no structure adds to the disorganization of the book. I believe this is how the soldiers felt during the war-disorganized since O'Brien did not depict specific dates/times when telling his story. Another allusion to the "disorganization" of war overall.

Admin
Admin

https://aplanguage.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down